Monday, March 03, 2008

celebrating mistakes :)

so my blog is called celebrate mistakes and well today, let's celebrate one :)
(a picture will come when i find my cord for my camera :))

a couple weeks ago, i wanted to iron the collar of a shirt because it was super wrinkly and i wanted to wear it the next day... SO like a true genius i figured i could do it without the aid of an ironing board. (kids don't do this at home) i did it ALL the time in college, when i had NO time and nothing to wear that wrinkle free spray could save i would grab the iron and iron it on my bed, no big deal, right? WRONG. so i am sitting on my bed. ironing away and next thing you know the iron decided to lean the other way while i had it sitting up and then lean up against my arm! my arm & hot iron = very bad. not only was it my arm, but it was the inside of my arm, so everytime i stretched my arm or would fold it, it was SUPER painful... (yeah, yeah, i know, it was my fault)

so here i am 16 days later. it has, for the most part, healed... however, there will forever be a scar there. which may be a good thing, i think if we don't have the scars of our past mistakes or injuries we will not be reminded as much of why it happened and perhaps never learn from our mistakes.
so this mistake i am going to celebrate, why you ask? because...
1) i will only iron with an ironing board from now on because next time it could take out my entire foot or who knows what?
2) it reminds me not to be in such a rush because well, i was in a rush and i got a burnt arm and stayed up way later than i would have had i set up an ironing board and...
3) i can choose to be angry or i can choose to celebrate :)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home