Saturday, March 22, 2008

hope.

sitting here at my desk on a saturday night while 'eleanor rigby' is playing on my itunes i try to sit and digest my day. the subject matter of the song i am currently listening to kind of ties into what the sermon was about at church (well at least in my head it does :)). i would have bet that today's sermon going be on the resurrection of Christ, and though my pastor did touch on the subject a lot the underlying message what what do we have hope in?
do we have hope in something or someone? and he said something that almost had me in tears, that everything that i put hope in (earthly) will let me down someday and i know this is true, i am living through a let down of something i had great hope in in my life right now. but it just breaks my heart because we fill ourselves with hopes and dreams when really the only hope we should have is that God will take care of us.
does that mean that i shouldn't have hopes and dreams? i don't think so, but i know i do need to learn not to put all my eggs in one basket. (which is where eleanor rigby comes in) one of my biggest hopes is to one day find my future husband and especially when going through holidays and big decisions it would be nice to just have someone there to bounce stuff off of, you know? but i can't put all my hope in this guy when i do find him, that's not fair to him or me... not just that, but it goes with jobs, friends, family, etc. i cannot hope that these things/people will fulfill the role that only God can fill. does that make sense?

so i leave you with this question... what are you putting your ultimate hope in?

p.s. happy easter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home