Sunday, May 21, 2006

a lot on my mind, a heart ready to explode and confetti in my hair

i left rocketown tonight sweaty, covered in confetti, probably a little bruised, without any ability to hear left, exhausted with no voice; and i couldn't be better. it was the first show that i've been to since i've moved to nashville that i have had an awesome time all-around. i was immersed in the crowd to see one of my favorite bands of all time :)

words cannot describe the show. first of all, it was thursday (the band, not the day) and it is always a treat to see them. but to walk out of a show emotionally exhausted is something i wasn't expecting. when thursday sang "sugar in the sacrament" with the lead singer of mewithoutyou it was explosive. these two men POURED everything they had into singing this song and in the end looked like they were going to pass out.
there is a huge story why this particular song moved me but i am too tired to type it out... :)

well i am sleepy, so i will write more later. i just had to say that i had a great time on my 6 month anniversary of being in the south :)

2 Comments:

At 5/26/2006 10:50 PM, Blogger GJ said...

mewithoutyou RULES.

 
At 5/26/2006 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dangit. I was going to go to this show, but I got sick. Must have been awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home