Saturday, June 17, 2006

strangers are family you have yet to come to know

the five people you meet in heaven is an amazing book and i just finished watching the movie... more like i just finished a two-hour cry fest :)
the past couple days i've been, it's hard to explain. do you ever feel like you are living in cruise control and well about to fall asleep at the wheel? i am not sure if that is the exact way i want to describe my state of mind. but life for me has always been about making it to the next step, you know? stepping out of my comfort box and accomplishing things...
but recently i have found myself.. well i wouldn't describe it as going away from God, rather just not seeking Him... it's like a kid who moves away from home and begins to call their parents less and less.
i feel like i blink my eyes and the next thing i know i haven't prayed in a couple days... i have gotten much more lazier on my bible reading plan and just feel like i have a void in my heart that is growing and i have no idea why?
i am in a very vulerable state after watching that movie...
it really makes me look back at my life and i know i have no idea who i've affected and that is fine... to be completely honest, the movie makes me want to fall in love.
this is a topic i never touch upon because i guard my heart like secret service protects the president. but it really does. this man's life was simple and he loved his wife and she loved him back. i know it's not up to me who i end up with or if it even happens and i understand that and i figure if God's planning it it will be a whole lot better than if i were to try. but you could just tell in the movie, they used color a lot to describe it. when they were together it was bright and vibrant and just made me feel like i was there.
i sound cheesy and am beginning to go disney on you all but i guess i am realizing more and more after moving out here how lonely being lonely can get. don't get me wrong i have loved learning about me and really being able to focus on my relationship with God but i guess the little girl in all of us wishes for prince charming to come :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home