Tuesday, March 21, 2006

blessed with awesome roommates

so one of my biggest fears in coming out to tennessee was the people i was living with. were they going to like me? are they nice? can they deal with a crazy californian who doesn't eat meat? well let me just say that i am truly blessed.
i have been bummed out lately and today (on my 4th month anniversary of living here) they surprised me with a poster of napoleon dynamite that looks like this:

except they put some of my favorite quotes on it like, "your mom goes to college", "you could totally drink whole milk" and "gosh! idiot!" not only that, they wrote a little story called "it's a wonderful journey: nicole's adventure in nashville." the story consists of things that would never have happend had i moved to nashville.
here are some excerpts:
- she would have never seen the bill clinton library
- she would have never experienced a true southern tradition of deer dodging
- she would have never learned of her love for men with facial hair that drive big trucks
- she may have completely missed her dove phase
- she has read 1/3 of the bible
- she has learned to trust God more and to have patience for His timing
and...
- she wouldn't have touched all the lives shehas touched with her spirit, her heart, her faith, her ideas, her character, her fortitude, her kindness and her intellect.

there are a ton more but i just wanted to cover some. i want to cry! they really are great :) and i joke that i don't have any friends, but i know we all know that's not true! my roommates are some of the coolest people EVER.
so here is a hi-five out to karina and debi for my awesome poster and for their kindness and patience for dealing with a city girl in the south :)

through things like this God tells me that i am really meant to be here, though at times i want to just be back west, i know i was lead here for a reason...

2 Comments:

At 3/22/2006 11:03 AM, Blogger AJ Fabulous said...

You do have GREAT roommates! I am so glad that it worked out and that you guys get along so good! Happy 1/3 year anniversary!

 
At 3/27/2006 5:45 PM, Blogger GJ said...

I've lived with Karina...and that girl rules ALL. She is a GRRRRRREAT roommate. And Debi is awesome - I have just never lived with her. But I like her very much. I like them both very much. You lucked out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home