Sunday, June 29, 2008

getting rid of noise

a couple weeks ago i wrote an entry 'speeding through life'.  to recap you on it, i challenged myself to go the speed limit ALL THE TIME.  
monday morning (after making this challenge) i was driving to work and was running super late and there is a section of my drive that the speed limit is 30 mph, but everyone normally goes like 40, but i went 30 that morning.  and you know who was waiting at that corner?  a cop with a radar gun!  he stopped my car and told me to proceed and pulled the car behind me over.  ANY other morning i would have been speeding, so i truly believe that God honors our random attempts to get closer to him.  


this brings me to this week's challenge.  in church the topic was prayer and being more of a listener than a talker when we spend time with God.  while trying to fit more quiet times into my schedule i thought, i spend a lot of time in my car, i need to drive in silence for the week.  so this week i will not play a cd or turn on the radio while running around nashville (which anyone who knows me will be very difficult).  but i do hope for some great conversation, especially listening with my amazing God this week :)  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home