Friday, October 07, 2005

my new destination

never would i have ever thought i would be packing up my car, taking the 15 to the 40 and driving through flagstaff, alberquerque, amarillo, oklahoma city, little rock, memphis and then finally reaching my destination of nashville, tn. and renting a room in a house with 4 girls i had never met before in franklin, tn.

life is crazy, and i guess i am trying to embrace the unexpected and follow where i feel my heart is telling me to go...

i like to look at it this way... a couple years back while in student gov, we went to a place with a ropes course (boojum!) and i had to face one of my biggest fears... heights! there were 3 other people in my small group and they all had gone and done beautifully... it was now my turn. i put on my harness and climbed up like a 50 foot pole and stood on top of this platform amongst the trees looking out at this trapeeze sort of thing and this was my goal. it was far enough to where i couldn't reach out and get it but close enough for me to catch if i decided to jump...

well i am there again, on that platform, looking out to where i need to be.. people are encouraging me from below but i am scared... why? i have a harness on, what is the worst that can happen?

so i am making that jump into a city i have never been to, nor do i know anyone. but i have signed a lease and have quit my job here, so i guess there is no turning back once you start running to make the jump...

nov 19th i am jumping. and regardless of if i catch the bar or not, i know i will be fine :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home