Wednesday, December 07, 2005

lessons of a california girl living in the south, part 1

i am going to begin a series of my life lessons only learned by someone who made a drastic change in life. not that i am not enjoying my new home or anything, but i think it will be good for me to laugh at my self in the future when i realize how naive i was in the beginning... i hope you enjoy the series as much as i do :)

lesson 1
this morning i woke up to ice on my windshield... this has happened to me before, it got below freezing in victorville while having to go to high school at 6:30 am. but this was different, it was sooo thick and wouldn't come off!!! but that is not my lesson... well, i was pouring cold water onto my windshield to see if it would help... (i have been told that hot water would shatter the glass if i were to pour it on). i pour the water and then look at the water bottle and the top layer of water in the bottle was frozen! never in my life before have i ever seen water freeze instantly like that... it was miraculous but frustrating at the same time (i still had a frozen windshield). so that is what i learned today, that it can actually be cold enough for water to freeze instantly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home