Wednesday, December 21, 2005

one of my favorite things to do...

today after work i decided to battle the shopping crowds and took a trip to tower records. though this is nothing like my favorite trips to amoeba it still is one of my favorite things to do. i just love walking up and down the cd aisles figuring out what i want to buy... (i enjoy simple things)
anyways, it was nice to walk amongst the other music enthusiasts purchasing last minute gifts :) they also had an amazing sale. i ended up purchasing "rockin' the suburbs" to add fire to my current obsession with ben folds. it was only $7.99, so you really can't beat that :) it's just so nice to just lose yourself sometimes. it's what i try to achieve when i do yoga, but i always end up thinking of a million things, maybe i should do yoga in a cd store?
-----
moving on, yesterday to commemorate my birthday i went to dinner with my roommates and it was delicious! i even had a surprise guest come to give me a birthday hug :) then we retreated back home to watch the special on heaven with barbara walters... but my roommates are so nice and they got me this cute little cake and i got a book and picture frame! seriously, i have only lived here for 4 weeks and was expecting just another day, so it was nice to be in the company of great people. i guess each little thing brings me closer and closer to making tennessee home :)
but back to the heaven special, i don't know how i feel about this? we also watched the special on Jesus' birth and i feel like the world is becoming more and more skeptical. this bothers me, i understand that we need answers, but there is always something so great about mystery. because everytime you answer a question there are like 10 more questions presented. it all makes me want to be a child again, where you believe in things like the tooth fairy and were satisfied with a disney movie, a blanket and a cup of ice cream. but as we grow older, i feel we become insatiable for things that we weren't meant to understand. the sky is blue, why question it? there are many things i will never be able to comprehend... how do telephones work? why do people like country music? how can i move my fingers to type out this blog? why boys don't call back? what is to become of tomorrow?
to me God exists, you don't have to show me the scientific equation... of course there are times in my life that i stray away from my belief, but it is comforting for me to know that there is more beyond my time here on earth... everyone has an opinion (which is why there are like 548573984723894723 blogs in the world) so you are welcome to yours, and i have mine :)
my favorite he is legend song quotes, "is there a place that we can go to teach the children not to grow?" (side note.. I AM GOING TO SEE HE IS LEGEND TOMORROW!!!) :) truly, a child-like faith is amazing to me...
i will leave you with a story (that i will probably mis-quote, but you'll get the point)...

there was this priest who would help out families that were less-fortunate and in one household he met this little boy. this little boy had no concept of who Jesus was and had never been to church. the priest talked to the little boy about Jesus and how He died on the cross so we could live and that next sunday, the priest took the little boy to church and put him in the front pew. the little boy was amazed at his surroundings in the church. he paid close attention to the whole service and it then came time for the collection. the boy saw this beautiful silver plate being passed around and frantically searched his pockets for any spare change he would have. alas, he had none. the little boy felt horrible because he had nothing to give to Jesus, so he got up and walked to the back to an usher who was collecting the plates. he tugged on his shirt sleeve and asked the man for the plate. he gave it to the little boy and the little boy put it on the floor and stood in it and reached his hands to the sky and offered himself in the collection...

1 Comments:

At 12/22/2005 11:54 AM, Blogger Karina Bissinger said...

why don't boys call? the world can be negative and we must guard our hearts against it.

great post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home