Wednesday, February 01, 2006

i really should be asleep...



"God you gave me this heart, i was wondering if i could trade it in?"

"He says my burden is also His, but i don't want to put this on Him..."

both of these quotes come from possibly my favorite song of all time, "a self portrait" by the lyndsay diaries. today i've been addicted to listening to this band. who, you ask? a small (one-person) band that no longer exists. BUT the man behind it is doing solo shows in oklahoma and california and i am not there to see it :(
regardless i would have to give the man credit for creating my favorite album of all time. and today my ipod kept picking his songs on the random shuffle (i love letting God pick my playlist).
the whole cd represents vulnerability to me. what person would want to pour out their soul into lyrics to then be judged by the world? music baffles and amazes me at the same time and i wish all artists who are due credit would get it.

i am such a dork though (this is what i do... my extreme fan story, hehe). after discovering 'remember the memories' (his first cd) during my junior year in college (i think) i wrote the man a letter saying that the cd came to me at the most perfect time and had such an impact on me. a few weeks later, my roommate and i went to go to his show where there were like 10 people in this cafe and afterwards we were talking and he was like, "you're nicole, from pepperdine?" i was like "yea." and he did say that the card i sent was one of the nicest things :) so regardless of whether or not that was true, i think it is always great to show appreciation cause you never really know how much a person may be in search of affirmation :)

1 Comments:

At 2/02/2006 11:19 AM, Blogger AJ Fabulous said...

What a cool story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home