Saturday, January 21, 2006

the irony...

sooo after doing my reading in the bible yesterday i came across something that just didn't make sense to me...
my bible was printed in china
i know what your immediate reaction is going to be also. everything is made in china. yes, i understand that many of what the united states imports is manufactured in china, but a bible? for those of you who do not know, i have almost an obsession with china when it comes to censorship. it was the focus of my thesis and something that still interests me. sooo i am not upset that my bible was produced by cheap labor (that's a whole different topic), but by the fact that it was produced in a country where it is practically illegal to read.
you see, in china you have to register your religion and members have to register their affiliation. also, people who are a member of a religion cannot be in any political role. there are tons and tons of underground churches. they hide because "registered" churches can't say certain things. this is just a brief explanation of how the country works, but do you understand my feelings behind this blog? it just doesn't make any sense to me, that a country that bans such teachings would let it be printed there...
i guess money really does influence even the most strictest of politics...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home