Sunday, July 06, 2008

getting rid of noise, pt 2

so to update you on my last challenge to myself, i failed. it is so hard for me to sit in my car in complete silence, especially when i had a holiday weekend and drove a lot!
i did make it sunday-thursday morning, which is pretty good, but still i didn't make it the whole week...

but i did learn things in this process. i truly believe God speaks to us through everything, i was brought to tears while driving one day because i felt His love. so i don't think that music drowns it all out, but there are sometimes i just need to sit in silence to really focus and have that conversation with Him.

i also realized that i still love music, it's easy for the love of it to fall away when you are surrounded by it and its your job. i had an awesome 'workout playlist' that i listened to on two of my walks this weekend and listened to a great 'worship playlist' that really helped me. uncool or not, music still moves me.

so there you have it, maybe i didn't fail afterall :)

i have no challenges for this week other than to make it through. it's going to be a hard one that doesn't really end (i leave for a business trip on saturday).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home