Thursday, January 19, 2006

going back to the roots...

well not really, but today i decided to dig out my collection of christian worship and christian rock cds. many of which, i have not put on my ipod yet. sooo i grabbed all my old audio adrenaline, caedmon's call, switchfoot, etc. cds and listened to them. it's been a while... last night at bible study the women were about how when worship music is on it creates just a better atmosphere. and since today was one of the harder days since my move... (i have some mornings where i wake up and am like what on earth am i doing here?) these are days that are filled with doubt. i thought, what better to cast away the doubt than some worship songs? i flooded my ipod with these cds and enjoyed listening to them.
i don't know why i've been so doubtful today. yesterday was amazing. i didn't do much during the day, ran some errands... but last night i went to a bible study for the women of the church i've been attending and it was so wonderful to get to know them more and just talk. they prayed over me and my worries over my move and i had this feeling. like someone who is cold and puts a blanket over themself to get warm, that God wanted me to be there at that moment... it's hard to explain but i felt even more peaceful. and afterwards i spent a couple hours just talking and it was wonderful.
i really think that the closer i get to God the harder it becomes because there are evils that want to bring me down. which is what happened today. i am doing better now and am about to go off to work :( closing is not fun.

have a good day :)

1 Comments:

At 1/20/2006 2:04 PM, Blogger Karina Bissinger said...

The last thing satan wants us to do is worship God together! I am glad you are better. Just remember God is hope and love, anything else is not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home