Thursday, January 12, 2006

my twenty-four hour sacrifice

so i feel like i really need to pursue what i think is right in the whole religion thing and i know that it is impossible to figure it all out in twenty-four hours. but tomorrow (since i have the day off) i am going to keep my computer off for the entire day! i know you may be thinking that this is a rediculous sacrifice, but for me it is a difficult one. i read the news every morning, mapquest my entire day and check myspace 57,459,433 times (not really, but you get the point). so tomorrow instead of fasting, i am taking a leave from the computer. it needs as much rest as i do :)
but what i do hope to accomplish is to think and refocus my time on God. i came to nashville following God and it's not nice to follow someone to a new location and then ditch them so i really want to just spend some time in thought and prayer.
today has been a horrendous day for my stress levels and it's all thanks to the beauty of religion. i got an email from someone that just didn't set right and showed me a side of organized religion that i just hoped would cease to exist. so i am going to fold my laundry, run some errands, maybe even read an actual newspaper and not an electronic one... but most importantly i am going to spend a good chunk of time with God and pray for peace.

so i am sorry for you, my avid blog reader, there will be no entry for january 13th... but you should just feel special that i wrote two today :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home